Monday, March 9, 2009

Pressing On...Somehow

Going on with life. I have a lot of upcoming interviews, tests, and appointments. As much as life brings me down I have to push ahead and keep trying to improve my life.

March 11th - Interview for Vernon PD
March 16 - Correction Officer test results and physical fitness registration
March 28 - Police Officer Physical endurance test

April will include... Another police physical fitness try if I fail the first one, applications for two more police departments, the correction officer physical test, and hopefully more departments asking for me to interview.

For the interview on Wednesday I am going in clean shaven, this will be the first time in over 6 years that I will be baby faced. I hate it, haha. It will all come back so I am not too worried.

I am asking for all your prayers for this interview. If I pass it I immediately start the background check process and get fingerprinted, which moves me considerably closer to my goal, of becoming a cop.

The only thing about Vernon that worries me is that they are only hiring one candidate. There were like 300 people that started the process, 200 passed the written, and 40 were invited to interview. So, it is getting narrowed down but there are still 40 of us. I hope that none of the other candidates have personal connections with the department or anything like that, that will give them an advantage in some way. I can only do my best and I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment