Monday, March 2, 2009

Finding Me

The future is a mystery, though we can reveal parts of it by doing certain things in the present. The way you live today dictates what will be tomorrow. Today I thought about my future a lot. I have thought about the different jobs I am a candidate for: Correction officer, small town cop, NYPD, and college securities. My ultimate goal is to become a police officer. I do not care what state, whether its a town cop or state police. I only care that I am able to serve a community and that the people benefit from my service. I want to help people. I want to make this world better and more safe for each of us.

Then I thought about the future as far as the people in it. I want to make my relationships better and stronger and more meaningful. I want a deeper connection with those I love. Then I thought about how I would do such things. The first is being myself, the person I truly am. Then, confide in each of the people I love, have trust in them. There is no room for distrust in friendship, relationships, or love. I will live my life closer to the ideals of Christ ever striving to reach the unreachable. In turn the people around me will get to know the person I should have been all along.

- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me -

No comments:

Post a Comment