Monday, March 2, 2009

Who's In Your Life?

Only A Man by Jonny Lang

I used to live my life in fear
Was worried all the time
From waking up to laying down
I had no peace of mind
The world became a darkened place
A struggle without end
Although bitter times those were
The days that I had began to understand
I was only a man

I grew up singing songs in church
With questions in my mind
Then turned my back and ran away
From God who gave me life
Then one night his presence fell
I wept and shook and then
I fell down and cried, Dear Jesus, rescue me again
I understand I am only a man

And He said, What will it be now?
Will you choose me or keep swimming up stream now?
I've been inside your head hearing you scream out.
Well here I am, just take my hand and I'll take out
All of the pain and all of the fear
All of the fear



We need to rely on Christ, we can lay all of our fears, burdens, and sins at his feet. He will take them all and set us free. Be with the Lord. Today, I again re-dedicate myself and life to Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Have been reading your entries all along. Have watched your cousins go through what you are currently experiencing. I am so sorry that you have to as well. It is real and it is awful. I am praying for you. So encouraged by your post this morning. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you, it's going to be great. You do not have to publish this comment...I won't be offended. After all it's from your "old" Aunt. Love you very much. Aunt Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insight means the most when it is sincere and from love Aunt Patti. Thank You and of course I will keep your post published!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete