Friday, March 13, 2009

Looking Ahead

So...I failed my Vernon PD interview. It sucked at first but now I am over it. I learn a lot about the process. I took the interview and thought that I had did pretty well. It lasted about 30 minutes and then they asked me to take a seat outside. I waited for a few minutes and was invited back into the interview room. They had told me that I had really good opening and closing statements. That they took a lot of notes about my dedication to becoming a police officer. I only answered one of their questions wrong. I will not go into it because I do not want that to be held against me in future opportunities. Though, unless I was absolutely perfect I was not going to be passed to the next step. This was my first oral interview and as I have heard it takes the majority of candidates numerous times to pass it... I will NOT fail again. The oral board invited me back in and even though I guess they usually do not tell you what you did wrong they did me in a favor and explained that I had originally answered the question I got wrong right. Then they played mind games and tricked me out of my answer. So, it is what it is. From now on I will stick to my guns and go with my first answers.

I can not dwell in what could have been. I can only move ahead and set my sights on the next goal. Obtaining my CHIP card (the physical fitness exam). As, I am really sick right now this may be hard to do. I have about two weeks to get better but as you all know it takes me a while to recover sometimes. I'll pray.

Correction Officer scores come out early next week. I am excited to see how I did. I hope something comes through with this as it will be great job experience for future opportunities with the police.

In the next six months I could have up to eight more oral exams for police departments depending on invitations, and other exam scores. So, pray with me and have the Lord bless me and watch over me. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment