Friday, October 16, 2009

Because Of Him

So, my life has been scattered with instances when I should have passed away. A number of car accidents and other things…usually not my fault. Though, recently I had my first (and hopefully last) accident that was my fault. I fell asleep while driving down one of the worst roads in Oxford. My car suffered immensely, though I barely have a scratch. My friend Jeff called me the day after to see how I was doing and besides the fact that my car needs major repairs I am well. In fact since speaking with him I feel like a brand new man. He said to me, “ dude your guardian angel is working real hard for you, for some reason”. He said this knowing some of the past “close encounters” I have had. This statement really opened my eyes… not immediately but after thinking about what he said for the rest of the day I realized he is completely right. I have been through some stuff that I shouldn’t have lived through, I have been unharmed when I should have been really badly injured. I do not know what God’s plan is for me and I have no idea why he wants me on this earth but the few times these things have happened to me it would have been real easy for him to take me away.

This being said, I realize now more than ever that I have to make my stay here on earth worth while. I need to do something bigger than myself. I need to do what he wants me to do. Whatever that is and while I don’t exactly understand my calling yet I also know that he will lead me to it. My faith is stronger than ever. I can count my blessings and be grateful for everything in my life. He has given me more than I ever could ask for. I do not need anything but his grace and whatever else I get in this life is just a bonus.

It is just another one of those mysterious ways that God works. It really is true that if God brings you to it he’ll bring you through it. I know that even means death. Though, throughout my life he hasn’t wanted to bring me through that yet. But when he does… I know where I will be, because of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment