Thursday, October 8, 2009

Being Blessed

I spent a lot of time with my dad today. He ended up not having therapy on Thursday this week (he had knee replacement surgery about 6 weeks ago). So, he took me to until at this new place that opened up a few miles away. It has a nice country bar feel to it. However, I didn’t drink. Then I came back to camp and did a little writing by myself while my dad was out with a friend. They came back and asked if I wanted to go to the American Legion with them. I recently became a Son of the Legion which is pretty cool because my dad was in Viet Nam. Anyhow, we ended up going and just hung out with a bunch of local people my dad has become friends with. It was good to get to know some people around here. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. After an hour or two of hanging out and talking we came back to the camp to do some fishing. It was probably the first time in two or three years I have been out on the water with my dad. We didn’t catch too much but it was still good to get out there and talk a little. Now, it is around midnight and we have spent the last few hours watching post-season baseball…a easy going night.

The last three days and nights at the lake have been really great. I have gotten a lot of different kinds of writing done. I am proud of what I have accomplished here. I kind of wish I had internet only so I could post all of my blogs or whatever in a timeline basis. Oh well though they all are going to be posted in the timeline they were written. These few days off from work and people… my normal life has been exactly what I needed to straighten out my head. To care more about what matters, to forget things that don’t, to realize that there are things in life that we all take for granted, and to try and change my life so that I can appreciate all that the Lord has blessed me with. Because there are hundreds if not thousands of things everyday, big and small, that we should consider as blessings. I suggest that everyone take some time even if it is just a few minutes to look at your lives and realize all the great things that you have, thanks to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment