Thursday, October 8, 2009

Time Away From The Normal

Waking up today was wonderful. I woke up with the crisp clean mountain air. The geese where apparently still out on the lake and I could feel the chill that surrounded me. The fire from the night had gone out but I could still smell the smokiness of the pine. The cabin floor was cool yet refreshing and a got up to start the day. Today I plan to write some more of my book and spent the day reflecting on the good things of my life and realizing its times like this that I live for. I am sitting in the cabin all alone now because my dad went back to Connecticut and the closest person to me is probably a mile or more away. After Labor Day weekend this place really shuts down. The lake is empty, not even a single fishing boat or people paddling around. The surrounding camps and cottages are vacant until Memorial Day. This is much different from what I am use to. I am usually surrounded by my friends and trying to be the life of the party. But getting away and being completely alone is what I needed. I haven’t been up here during the fall in years. I spent one night up here two years ago in late fall with a few of my fraternity brothers but it wasn’t like this. It was the usually life scene just different setting, if that makes sense. Getting away from myself and my norm is what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment