Thursday, October 8, 2009

Little Things

The little things in life are what make it worth living. Now “little things” are different for everyone. Joy comes from so many different avenues. It also depends on where we are at a specific time in our life. Little things are such as a good football game, hearing your favorite song on the radio, hanging out with your best friend, looking at a beautiful sun rise or sunset, looking up at the sky on a dark night and realizing there are more stars in the sky than you will ever be able to count. These little things bring slight bit of joy to our days. They make the dull, monotonous times in our life worth while. We have the little surprises to look forward to.

The little things are the moments I look forward to most. Today I decided to take a break from my life to try and enjoy a little time alone. Time to appreciate the things in life that make it worth living. At least from my perspective. I drove the three hours to our cabin in upstate New York to try and relax. I was absolutely whipped out after working and then coming straight here. I turned off my cell phone and laid down in the bunk bed I have spent so many summer nights and passed out. It was the most relaxing nap I have taken in a long time. I didn’t have people calling me, or wanting to hang out, video games or internet to distract me in any way. I have spent the day just hanging out throwing a couple casts into the water. I watched a few flocks of Canadian geese hundreds strong come squawking in and land on the lake…which I have always liked but particularly enjoyed it today… for the rest of the night I am going to watch Monday night football, sitting by a fire with my Dad and call it a early-ish night. A few simple little things that have begun to clear my head. I was able to appreciate a few things today that I haven’t gotten the chance to enjoy in a long while. This is exactly what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment