Saturday, February 21, 2009

Getting Older

A few days ago I turned 24 years old. The day was mediocre at best. However, that is not the point of this post. I find myself recalling and remembering the past a lot lately. I often think of what I could have done and what I should have done, but also all of the great times that I have had. When I first starting thinking about the past I decided I should write a book about my life since high school. I have lived a full 24 years. I have known love, hate, sadness, happiness, and every emotion in between. I have lived through deaths, births, girlfriends, and the coming and going of friends. I have survived being punched, kicked, broken up with, embarrassment, and loneliness. Each of these feelings and more are something everyone should feel. Even if it is only once or twice. Character is developed in times of trial as well as times of joy and well being. I believe that I have witnesses and lived more in the 6 years or so I have roamed this earth since I graduated high school than most people my age. The book I am writing explains each situation in my life and how I learned or gained something from it. Maybe at first I did not realize the significance of the event but in retrospect it is easy to decipher the important lessons. The book speaks of my life up until this point. This blog will reveal the way I see the world now on a daily or somewhat daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment