Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Man I Have Become

It's a strange feeling when you see a change in yourself. I don't think we actually are able to see changes within ourselves too often because it's usually a gradual type of thing. Sometimes though our resolve and character are tested during stressful and emotional situations. It was during one of these such times I noticed and realized I am not the person I had been in the past. I use to react without thinking and that lead to situations becoming more negative than they already were. I have a few things in my life that have led to this transformation. The first and most significant being my relationship with God and turning to prayer as a first resource. Prayer calms me and I am able to ask for guidance. The Lord has always blessed me with relief in some fashion. I am truly grateful. The second being my best friends, mainly Jonathan. I am so extremely lucky to have such a levelheaded, upstanding person in my life. Tonight I realize that as a man of the Christian faith my belief in upholding a strong moral and ethical character will not waver. I am proud of myself for the man I have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment