Friday, May 13, 2011

Curve Balls

Life can throw you curve balls and in all likelihood it will. Dealing with those surprises though can be the tricky part. We all handle them differently. But that's not really what this post is about. A related thought and opening for the following: that being- opening yourself up to be extremely let down and/or hurt. This has been on my mind since talking to a close friend. It's the aspect of relationships that I guess scares most people. That being the unknown. The unknown factor. At any given time someone can just pick up and leave. Cancel you out of their life. It happens I've seen it happen and have witnessed the hurt it causes. It's probably the worst kind of break up. Because when someone just runs away you don't get closure in any sense. I wish I had been better able to talk with my friend and give him some comfort. However, all I could do was listen and offer little advice. It really is tough when you give someone your heart and they shatter it without any real reason. I think it's been on my mind so frequently because it does scare me. I know I am a great person for someone to have in their life so I shouldn't be worried about a situation such as this. Though, my friend is equally as great. I am confident in my relationship, extremely confident in fact though stories such as my friends make me nervous in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment