Sunday, May 15, 2011

Calendar Date vs Quality Time

Time is relevant. Or maybe said better: time is not relevant, at least in the way most people view it. Let me explain. I have spent years with past girlfriends and developed what I considered loving relationships. From these past relationships I had come to believe that it was normal progression and maybe in a sense it was. Though, right now my past thinking has been blown out of the water. Let me further explain: in two months time I have completely and totally fallen in love unlike anything I have ever known. Two months may not seem like a long time but in those two months I have spent more time with this girl than I had in past relationships that spanned a year or more. Its because of the quality time we spend together at such a frequent rate that I have been able to develop feelings like this, that surpass lesser emotions. Of which took much longer to develop in the past, calendar wise. I hope that makes sense...reading it I'm not sure it does. Though, in my head it makes complete sense. By quality time I mean we have been able to open up to each other, understand each other, and bond over common future goals. I already feel as if I could finish some of her sentences. I love the fact that I know what she is thinking and what she is going to say even before the words leave her lips. At least some of the time. I am reminded more now than ever of that song "bless the broken road". Without our pasts there is no way we would have found each other. By that long road we somehow came together and formed this relationship that neither of us expected to find. It's just so 'fairy tale' it's hard to believe it can be real. Though, it most certainly is...I've never known anything as real as this. Or believed in true love more than I do now. It does it exist. I have met my other half.

No comments:

Post a Comment