Monday, November 16, 2009

A Lonely Night

When staring at the ceiling on a lonely night
Trying to keep my thoughts controlled with all my might
Skipping one then on to the next
Seems to me my life must be hexed

The window cracked open
The cool air rushing in
Thousands of stars in the sky
Just as many questions, I ask myself why?

The moon light bright
Things appear now that I have the gift of sight
Shadows stretch across the wall
Does life have any meaning at all?

To love, to hate
The people we meet, is it fate?
I don’t know if I believe
Since all things someday leave

Today, tomorrow or at the end of it all
Even the strongest will someday fall
So let's make the best of it
If the piece doesn't fit

It doesn't have to be precise
Merely nothing in this world is perfect and nice
Flip it over, turn it around
The right fit will be found


...wrote that back in 2003...

No comments:

Post a Comment