Friday, November 13, 2009

A Brand New Start

I wrote this about the girl who got away. I made some really poor decisions a few years ago and to this day they haunt my mind. Even if it can never be reversed my heart will always be on my sleeve.

Your smile was like an autumn sunset
Just as beautiful as the day we first met
You looked at me with the most gorgeous eyes
Big and brown they gave me butterflies
Your love was unlike anything I have ever known
A love that I had never been shown
When I told you I loved you it came from my heart
It was true love from the very start
That first night that I held your hand
I believed one day you would wear my wedding band
We had been through a very lot
Believe me all of those things I have never forgot
In the middle of the night you'd wake me to get you a drink
Across a room we'd look at each other and give a blatant wink
One time I asked you to dance outside your car
Another I was a 1000 miles away but really you weren't far
You gave me a piece of your most prized possession
I remember one time we teamed up in a greek council session
One night we laid in bed slightly upset
Because we found out you weren't pregnant
These memories are the highlight of my life
Since without you its been nothing but strife
You brought my whole world together
On my worst day your love made it all better
God as my witness in heaven above
I wish I did more to show you my love
I struggle here today to let you know
That the times we shared together I never let go
And also you were more to me than any friend
Whose relationship I would do anything to mend
I hope you can find it in your heart
To begin again, a brand new start

...hope is all I have to find a love like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment