Sunday, June 7, 2009

Realizing The Real Thing

Life has many mystery's. One of which for me has been realizing happiness. I am one of those people who is most content when they are in a relationship. When I have someone that I care about and can give myself to in a variety of ways I feel complete. What I haven't felt in a long time is the way I feel lately. I feel as if I am in a grateful relationship; perhaps that is the best word to use. I believe that if both people in a relationship are grateful for one another everything else falls into place. Some things that come from being grateful... respect, trust, joy, excitement, like and then sometimes love. I am realizing what it is like once again to be with someone who actually wants to be with me and is likewise grateful. My thoughts on my own happiness in the past two or so years have been clouded (at least when it comes to a significant other). My eyes are open now and I understand that the happiness I thought I had was only a version of the real thing which I think I have come to know now.

No comments:

Post a Comment