Sunday, February 21, 2010

Facts Are Facts

For the last couple months I have been trying to fool myself with a lot of different things. I think that this type of behavior happens a lot. The more I think about my actions and past decisions, the more I believe that I have been tricking myself. I have been pursuing paths that probably do not make much sense in the sceme of my life. It is because of this false hope I have been giving myself, that I am in the state I am now. That state being, uncertain. I need to start realizing that things are the way they are and some things can not be changed no matter how much I believe they can. Facts are facts. Even as I write this, however, I find myself doubting I will change my train of thought. Hope is still something that is nearly impossible to turn your back on. As much as I would like to move onto different avenues in my life that hope still sits in the back of my head. I mean this in a bunch of different situations... jobs, family, relationships, friends, etc. But, I guess realizing that the facts of our lives are indeed truths is the first step in understanding change needs to be made from the current state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment