Monday, December 7, 2009

Reaching Your Peak

You know how everyone peaks at some point in their lives? Lately I have been feeling as if I have peaked and now everything else from here on out will be down hill. High school was decent and I definitely did not peak during my four years their. My potential was not even close to reached. Community College was slightly better but it wasn’t until living in Danbury for three years that I believe I may have reached my “peak”. College at Westconn opened me up to the world and everything that it had to offer. I took full advantage of every opportunity that was thrown at me. I was living large and having a blast. Everything was going my way and I was able to create my own happiness. Which is truly the key to a successful life. You need to know what makes you happy and how to attain those things. Without this double threat we are continuously searching for more and more. What is more and more? To me, more is… more out of life…we keep looking for something that could make us happy but the fact is 99.9% of people know what makes them happy but don’t go for it for a variety of reasons. Which I will not get into. Anyhow, I know what makes me happy and I plan on going after it all and forgetting about the “reasons” not to. I feel like I need to start a new chapter of my life and being again. I need to peak again at this time in my life and once I peak… start over new again and again. Always peeking and even settling for anything less than that peak. Peaking as I have called it is more or less settling mental, and emotional goals for myself. At least on ‘paper’ this sounds like a good idea and I think I am going to spend some time thinking about this more and putting it into some sort of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment