Sunday, August 23, 2009

Life Right Now

This summer has seemed to have pasted me by. The past three months have been unlike any other period in my life. Up until last week I was working a minimum of 64 hour weeks; finally I am on a set 40 hour work week. My work week is friday 3pm and I get off Monday at 7am. This schedule has its ups and downs. I miss out of a lot of weekend opportunities but I do get a solid 4 days off each week. Last month I was also promoted to shift supervisor, while the pay is only a dollar more an hour, the real benefit is being able to put it on my resume for a future job.

This is the first time in my life I am making enough money to support myself fully and while that is empowering I feel like life has taken a downgrade in enjoyment. It is setting in more than ever that I am almost 25 years old, out of college, and in the real world. I have some real tough life choices to make. I am afraid of making a wrong decision and hurting myself for the future. Though, I keep coming back with the thought that we only live once and we have to make the most of it before life passes us by. So, the question is...how do I find happiness that will last? I wish I was able to answer that question with some certainty, however the fact is that I do not know the answer at all. All, I can think of doing is living for today and seeing what tomorrow brings when I get there.

Though, I didn't go on vacation, or have many days off, or even go to the beach much, summer was good in a different way than usual. What I mean is I got very close to 3 of my fraternity brothers. These guys have become closer than family to me. Coelho, Jason, Pace I love you guys its been awesome and I hope our bond grows stronger still. I believe it will. I also, met a few new people and formed friendships that I hope survive for more than a little while.

Summer... is more or less over. But the rest of our lives are just beginning.

....

No comments:

Post a Comment