Monday, August 10, 2009

I Am A Christian

When I say...I am a Christian,
I'm not shouting I am saved,
I'm whispering I was lost that is why I chose
this way. When I say...I am a Christian, I don't speak of this with pride;
I'm confessing that I stumble and need someone to be my guide.
When I say...I am a Christian, I'm not trying to be strong; I'm professing that
I'm weak and pray for strength to carry on. When I say...I am a Christian, I'm not bragging
of success, I'm admitting I have failed and cannot ever pay the debt. When I say...I am a Christian,
I'm not claiming to be perfect, my flaws are too visible but God believes I'm worth it. When I say...
I am a Christian, I still feel the sting of pain; I have my share of heartaches which is why I speak His name.
When I say...I am a Christian, I do not wish to judge, I have no authority, I only know I'm loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment